Monday night I met up with Shauna and handed her money for our Celine tickets. (We did the hand off in a dark alley and everything...just kidding). We officially have concert tickets for March 18th. There are 6 of us altogether who are going - and we're all incredibly excited!
Wednesday, I woke up to find the NHL changed a few faces! It was quite the trade deadline day! I was especially sad to hear that Wade Belak left....hahaha. Poor Florida. Looks like the Leafs are gonna make a run for it still...some of my guy friends from school are heading out to Washington DC for the game on Saturday. I'm really jealous!
AFter school/sitting around all day, I had dinner with all the teachers. It was a goodbye dinner for 17 different teachers that are leaving this year for other schools!! It was a buffet style in a hall that hosts weddings etc. So it was quite nice and fancy. I stuffed myself with mostly sweet and sour pork, noodles, sausage, fruit...basically nothing Korean. I wasn't feeling too adventurous.
Thursday I went to Sinchon with my co-teacher and 2 friends that also teach at our school. We had a pasta lunch, we rented a study room (?) and had tea and used a laptop that they let you have and watched Enchanted...kinda weird, then we headed to a Nore bang. This was my first experience singing with Korean people. they do take it very seriously, so it was difficult to choose songs when you're used to singing with others and having fun. They don't like it when you make singing mistakes etc. Talk about pressure!!
Today I only had to go to school from 9-1 and so I headed for the bus station after work. Katy and I are going to Jeon Ju for the weekend to visit our friends Nick and Mel Bokma. They are recent Redeemer grads too! :) It should be a fun weekend before heading back to the classroom for a new semester on Monday!
A special happy birthday goes out to my mom!! Love you mom! Isn't she a beautiful woman? :)This picture is from my graduation in May.
4 comments:
Really?? That pic was taken at a graduation?? LOL jk...
What a great daughter you are -- wishing your Mom a happy birthday and posting a picture! I know, all of you are great daughters! We are blessed! (Mary Lou)
Hi Karen. Just want you to know that we are thinking of you...haven't figured out how to tell Jodi the same thing. We are amazed that you are experiencing such wonders.
We had a Snow Day today...I read 1/2 a book and cleaned my room, then did some planning.
Enjoy the people you are with!
Love, Aunt Diane and guys
Hi Karen,
It was great meeting you and some other good friends of Shana. Thanks again for helping us out on our arrival to S. Korea with all our luggage. You guys are a great bunch and it felt great to know that our daughter was surrounded with so many awesome people! Enjoy the rest of this new school year which will go by very fast. Take care, Jace
Post a Comment